Happy 2017! Ten things you might have missed in 2016
Happy New Year, all ye followers of the Walking on Mom blog!
2016 was a huge year for me and I shared so much of it with you here on the blog: milestones, challenges and successes alike.
I’ve been focusing more on becoming the writer I believe I can be: focusing on the development of Walking on Mom, welcomed new writers onto the blog, began the long, slow, sometimes heartbreakingly painful process of the first rewrite on the first draft of my first novel. I’ve also launched a freelance writing and editing business, a brand new pup that is still in development.
I’ve faced some new illnesses this year that changed how I live my life and brought into focus what was truly worth dedicating my heart, mind and precious time to.
So in case you missed it:
Ten of my favorite moments from 2016
- I regained some ability to focus on life after losing my mom toward the end of 2015.
- I celebrated my first wedding anniversary.
- I found success for getting my kids to bed with less drama and more good sleep.
- I shared the anxiety of living in trying times.
- I struggled with panic attacks even when I felt happy.
- I sent my oldest off to kindergarten and was shocked at the emotional response.
- And I developed a formula for starting each day with less stress, less anxiety, more focus and more peace.
- This was a four-part series that included yoga and meditation,
- gratitude journaling
- and breakfast
There are so many more great moments on the blog. If you have some time, I hope you’ll browse around.
If there’s something you’d like to see me write about, please drop me an email or mention it in the comments.
You’ve all been a huge inspiration for me. I hope I’ve shared some stories that helped you, made you want to share with friends or bookmark for your reference. Keep Walking on.
I wish you all the best for a bright and beautiful 2017.